Mission Investments Approach
This provides the OCAGC’s approach to driving maximum value from our growing Mission-driving financial grants. We’re now allocating $50,000-$100,000 per quarter in support of our mission: 1) Creating Awareness of Symptoms / early detection; 2) Support of Survivors in our community; 3) Supporting Research to drive survivability and early detection.
- We select experts and organizations that are in the best position to select the most promising activities to support our mission. Our goal is that 95% of the money we donate goes to actual research activities vs. overhead/administration. We will spread investments across organizations and mission elements to maximize impact.
- We support Ovarian Cancer research directly with leading research centers to maximize the money going to research and not overhead/administration. Our current list of top research centers includes: The Penn Ovarian Cancer Research Center, Dana Farber Cancer Research Center, and MD Anderson Cancer Research Center. We let the experts pick the best research to pursue.
- We support activities directly with organizations that bring more students / researchers into the fight against ovarian cancer or can raise more money with our seed investment. Our current list of organizations includes: Stand-Up-To-Cancer, Wood Hudson Cancer Research Center, and the University of Cincinnati Barrett Cancer Center.
- We support local and national organizations in support of our mission and in a position to drive greater awareness, advocacy, and progress. Our current list of organizations includes: Cancer Support Community Woman-to-Woman Program and Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance.
- We expect status reports on our investments and reciprocation support of our efforts by organizations. This includes marketing support of our events, participation in events, and helping us increase reach of awareness, health fairs, and the like.