Find A Clinical Trial
One-Stop Ovarian Cancer Clinical Trials Search and Matching Service
The Ovarian Cancer National Alliance and EmergingMed have joined forces to make sure that patients diagnosed with ovarian cancer know all of their treatment options—including clinical trials. Together, they have launched a national matching and referral service for ovarian cancer clinical trials. The Ovarian Cancer National Alliance Clinical Trials Matching Service provides a comprehensive yet simplified system for women to find and link to clinical trial options for ovarian cancer.
The Ovarian Cancer National Alliance Clinical Trials Matching Service is a free and confidential pre-screening and referral service that quickly identifies clinical trials to match each woman’s specific ovarian cancer type, stage, treatment history and geographic location. Clinical Trial Specialists are available by telephone to guide patients, families and health care professionals through a search of over 330 ovarian cancer studies in the United States and Canada. After an initial pre-screening conversation, the Clinical Trial Specialist assists women to make sure:
- A woman receives a call back from a matched study.
- Women receive detailed study information to share with their medical teams.
- No one is alone in this process!
- All questions are answered.
The Ovarian Cancer National Alliance Clinical Trials Matching Service is designed to give women matches quickly so they have plenty of time to discuss clinical trials options with their medical team and to weigh the risks and benefits of all their options.
The Ovarian Cancer National Alliance Clinical Trials Matching Service aims to:
- Raise awareness of ovarian cancer clinical trials.
- Increase the number of women who identify ovarian cancer clinical trials as part of their review of care and treatment options.
- Reduce the number of women who get lost or overwhelmed by the search process.
- Provide a one-stop resource on ovarian cancer clinical trials.
For more information, visit the Alliance’s website at: http://www.emergingmed.com/networks/ocna/
EmergingMed operates the country’s largest cancer clinical trial matching and referral service. More than 70,000 cancer patients have been prescreened and referred to its database of 8,000 cancer clinical trials.
The cornerstone of EmergingMed’s service offering is confidential, phone-based support through the clinical trial search process by its Clinical Trial Specialists.